Born in 1911, died in 2009.
Architect, Delegate Architect of the State Council (1962-1965), Founder of the Braillard Architects Foundation.
Eldest son of Maurice, Pierre Braillard practiced the profession of architect in Geneva from 1927 to 1983. He worked in his father’s office until he left for Berlin where he stayed for over a year. In 1933 he returned to Geneva to maage his father’s office; the latter had become State Councilor, a post to which he devoted most of his time. He worked with his father until the 1960s and with his brother Charles until 1976, after which he continued his activities alone. The evolution of the economic situation and the real estate context in which Pierre Braillard’s activity is evolving favours important achievements, in particular in the fields of banks, retail and insurance companies. He was Delegate Architect of the State Council from 1962 to 1965. Among his achievements are: bank and administration buildings such as Pax Assurances (in collaboration with Prof. Dunkel, 1957), Discount and Trust Bank (1965), Zurich Assurances (1968), Headquarters the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO, 1974-78), the Paribas Bank (1982), the La Placette department store (1967-68, currently Manor), buildings and housing complexes such as that of the rue des Eaux-Vives 11-13 (1948), the 9 apartment buildings at rue du Grand-Pré 24 to 40 (1949) and the 8 apartment buildings at rue des Délices and rue de l’Encyclopédie (1952- 54).