- INAUGURAL SPEECH: WHICH CITIES TO ENTER THE ANTHROPOCENE?
Dominique BOURG, Philosopher, Full professor, Institute of Geography and Sustainability, Faculty of Geosciences and Environment, University of Lausanne.
Session 1: Theory and history
- BETWEEN “ARCOLOGY”, THE “LOCAL PROJECT” AND THE “HORIZONTAL METROPOLIS”: CONFRONTING THE DILEMMAS OF SUSTAINABLE URBAN HORIZONTALITY
Christian ARNSPERGER, Economist, Director of the Institute of Geography and Sustainability, Faculty of Geosciences and Environment, University of Lausanne.
- RE-ENCHANTING ARCHITECTURE, THE COMPLEX NATURE OF THE DESIGN PROCESS IN ARCHITECTURE
Aliki-Myrto PERYSINAKI, Doctor of Architecture and City, Senior Lecturer in Architecture, Liverpool John Moores University, member of the Architecture, Environment, Landscape (MCC) laboratory.
- THE PRINCIPLE OF HOPE AS A PHILOSOPHICAL ‘CHALLENGE’ TO CONTEMPORARY URBAN THEORY
Brent PATTERSON, PhD student, School for Advanced Studies in the Social Sciences (Ecole des Hautes Etudes en Sciences Sociales, EHESS). Teacher at ENSA Paris-Malaquais and ENSA Paris-La Villette.
- TERRITORIAL SOCIO-ECONOMIC RESTRUCTURING: LOCAL ACTORS’ INVOLVEMENT FOR A SHARED VISION AND PLANNING. A BIAS FOR HOPE
Gioacchino GAROFOLI, Economist, Full Professor in Economic Policy at Insubria University.
- FROM SOIL AS A BODY OF WORK, TO SOIL AS AN ARCHIVE OF HUMAN ACTION. MICROHISTORY OF A PRINCIPLE OF HOPE THROUGH TWO TEXTS BY PEDOLOGIST DAN H. YAALON
Antoine VIALLE, Architect, Doctoral student, Assistant at the Laboratory of Urbanism, EPFL
Eric VERRECCHIA, Pedologist, Full professor, Institute of Earth Surface Dynamics, Faculty of Geosciences and Environment, University of Lausanne.
Session 2: Case studies
- THE URBAN PROSPECTIVE IN PAU (PYRÉNÉES-ATLANTIQUES). THE GREAT DIVIDE BETWEEN EDILITY PROJECTS AND EXPECTATIONS.
Jean ATTALI, Philosopher, Honorary professor in town planning and urbanism at the ENSA Paris-Malaquais, Associate researcher at UMR AUSser/CNRS no. 3329.
- FROM LAND RESERVES TO GREEN ZONES: URBANISATION PROJECTS AND COUNTER-PROJECTS CONTRIBUTING TO THE FORMATION OF SEMI-NATURAL SITES IN BRUSSELS
Séréna VANBUTSELE, Architect-Urban planner, Doctor in Art of building and town planning, Catholic University of Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium.
- UNLEARNING FROM ATHENS / URBAN KAÏROS
Marc ARMENGAUD, Philosopher, Urban planner, Founding member and director of AWP, Tenured assistant professor at the City Architecture Territory department of the ENSA Paris-Malaquais School of Architecture.
Steven MELEMIS, Architect, Urban planning Historian, Tenured assistant professor at ENSA Paris-Malaquais, City Architecture Territory department, Member of the BazarUrbain collective (Grenoble-Paris).
- DESCRIBE TO ACT. THE NEED TO PROBLEMATISE THE TERRITORY OF THE CONGOLESE CITY
Géry LELOUTRE, Architect-urban planner, Lecturer, Doctoral student, LoUIsE research center, Faculty of Architecture of the Free University of Brussels/IUAV University
- OPENING REMARKS: FROM THE ART OF MEMORY TO THE ART OF HOPE
Sébastien MAROT, Philosopher, Visiting professor at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Lausanne